TOTO produces some of the best toilets today. Two of the most popular models are discussed in this TOTO Drake toilet review.
TOTO CST454CEFG#01 Drake II 2-Piece Toilet with Elongated Bowl and Sanagloss
Combining Double Cyclone technology with gravity, the single-flush, 2-piece toilet creates a powerful flush using a tower-flush action. The TOTO CST454CEFG#01 eliminates 800 grams of hard waste in one flush. The Washlet, its adapted toilet seat, comes with a built-in bidet. WaterSense-certified, the TOTO Drake toilet uses only 1.28 gpf, which is around twenty percent less than standard toilets that use 1.6 gpf. It is equipped with a 3″ flush valve for a faster, more powerful flush. Instead of rim holes, the toilet’s Double Cyclone flushing technology utilizes 2 nozzles to add a strong flow of water to each flush that combines with gravity to ensure a powerful bowl-cleaning action.
It also features an elongated bowl and meets the standards set by the Americans with Disabilities Act with its seat height of 17.25″. The toilet is coated with SanaGloss, an ultra-smooth ionized ceramic barrier that prevents bacteria, particles and mold from sticking to the surface. This reduces cleaning frequency and difficulty. The elongated bowl also provides more support and space.
- 2-1/8-inch computer-designed trapway
- Double Cyclone Flushing System (1.28 gpf)
- WaterSense-certified and ADA height compliant
- SanaGloss coating
- Saves 20 percent water over 1.6 GPF toilets
- Weighs 94 pounds
- Product dimensions: 28.8″ x 16.5″ x 29.4″
The TOTO Drake II is backed by a one year warranty and is available in several colors, including Sedona beige, colonial white, bone and cotton.
TOTO Drake CST744S
If you are looking for a toilet with low water consumption, but provides an efficient flush, then the TOTO Drake CST744S might be what you need. It provides a powerful, but quiet flush and eliminates waste with each 1.6 gpf. The toilet uses a G-Max flushing system with a 3″ flush valve that releases 1.6 gallons of water within a few seconds to the bowl and around the rim to clean both. A huge shaped siphon jet is located at the bottom of the bowl, pushing waste into the 2-1/8″ trapway that creates a strong siphon movement to pull back waste fast without clogging.
The toilet’s modern exterior design can also complement any bathroom décor. It can blend smoothly with any color scheme as it is available in several colors, including beige, colonial white, ebony, cotton white, bone and white. The TOTO Drake CST744S also comes with a tank, cover, fittings and chrome plated trip level. The toilet is perfect for commercial use, family bathrooms, guest bathrooms and master bathrooms.
- G-Max Gravity Flushing system
- Elongated front bowl
- Huge water surface
- Modern, high-profile design
- Wide 3-inch flush valve provides fast and powerful flush and is 125 percent larger than standard 2-inch flush valves
- SanaGloss coating helps clean the bowl and prevents mold, particles and bacteria from sticking to the surface
- Features evenly spaced rim holes (precision molded)
- Extra large siphon jet provides more pushing power
- 2-1/8-inch fully glazed trapway